If you've gone through your cutter's FAQ and the Troubleshooting guide and you still can't get your cutter to work, then please lodge a ticket, as follows:
To save everyone's time please provide the following information with your ticket:
- Your PSN (Product Serial Number)
- Which make and model of cutter do you have
- The Software that the Cutter is currently working with (if none, try it with a new cable/another computer and make certain the cutter will perform a test cut from its menu before contacting us as it may be a hardware fault)
- How is it connected i.e. which Cable are you using? (USB, Serial, LPT or an Adapter)
- Which Port Type have you selected in the Connection tab of the Vinyl Spooler
- Which emulation are you using? not sure, in the Vinyl Spooler click on the Cutter (menu) > Configure Cutter and in Device Settings click Commands > Device Language
Tags: COM, LPT, Old, Printer, Serial, Vinyl Cutter
If your answer to 5. is Windows Port. Have you installed the driver the cutter was supplied with i.e. from the manufacturer? not sure? Then go to the Control Panel in Windows (view small icons) and open the Devices and Printers or Printers and Faxes folder and see if the cutter is listed.
You should also see the driver or the cutter listed in Device Manager under the Ports node.
Lodge a ticket with your answers at Future Support
Also if you have an old cutter, please see Older Vinyl Cutters